At MyTwinPlace we are looking for a very talented Lead Software Developer to join one of the most promising startups in Europe within the sharing economy and travel industry.
We are a startup based in Barcelona, born to change the way millions of people are travelling. The sharing economy is completely re-shaping the travel industry, and we believe now is the time to again disrupt this market with our unique peer to peer model. In April 2016, our French-Spanish company closed a € 750K funding round led by VCs and business angels, including French investor Vincent Rosso, BlaBlaCar Co-founder.
As a Lead Developer you will play a key role in the next stages of the company, working closely with the CEO and founders, and being coached by our board member Julien Moutte (serial entrepreneur, CTO and founder of several successful companies in Europe and US).
What you will do
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
- Hands-on full stack development.
- Research, evaluate, and propose cutting edge, resourceful technologies that can solve business problems quickly and economically.
- Hire, mentor, inspire, coach our engineering organization to deliver simple and delightful solutions to our users.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with Ruby on Rails and 2 as lead developer.
- Deep knowledge of backend development, performance optimizations and algorithms
- Have experience with testing (Jenkins, RSPEC, PAAS deployments, Selenium, etc…)
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, KANBAN) development methodologies and tools such as JIRA.
- MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, SideKiq
- In the longer term, mobile application development will be a strong requirement, hence experience with Xamarin Studio, iOS, Android would be very welcome
- Experience with data science and machine learning would be a plus
- Startup DNA with the ability to see solutions instead of problems, to deliver impactful and amazing products to our customers
- Entrepreneurial. Having founded, worked, secured funding and/or released an MVP in a startup is a plus
- We are driven by challenge
- Hands on
- Driven by consumer insight
- Passionate, talented and international.
- A unique opportunity to work very closely with the founders, to build the company growth strategy together.
- You will have freedom to lead the technical department, not only implementing clever and efficient solutions but also designing the big-picture architecture.
- We offer a fun, flexible environment and a great place to work in the vibrating heart of Barcelona.
- A big challenge. We are here to change the way millions of people will travel in the future.
Let’s make magic!
If you think that you'd be a good fit please send your CV on motivations to our talent hunter Sebastien Sanz, from Ayova Executive Search: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “MTP” as a reference.
Barcelona, Sept. 27th 2016