Our client is Findus, one of Europe’s largest frozen food companies. The Spain Market Unit R&D Manager R&D Manager is a significant role in the organisation which will work with all Group R&D teams (Fish, Vegetables, Meals, Pack, Nutrition…), understand the overall R&D programs, support the implementation of Group projects and manage the local assets projects (innovation, renovation & productivity for local “Must Win Battles” or secondary priorities) where applicable. The function will report to the Marketing Director in Spain (dotted line) and to the R&D Group Director based in UK (solid Line).
The MU R&D Manager will formulate development plans and work independently as well as collaborate with Group R&D and external expert resources when required. Working within a local business team to deliver projects on time whilst championing Group R&D best practices will be a key element of the role.
This will be done by leading and managing the timely understanding and adoption across the business for the accurate, efficient and orderly information management of all Policy, Codes of Practice and Specifications Systems Processes in connection with Regulatory, Product Development, Food Safety, Nutritional and forever food programs.
- To participate in the delivery, coordination and governance of the entire development programme for the Marketing Unit.
- To be the R&D point of contact, for the MU as well as with the internal business partners and with external contacts & Production Units.
- To work with the MU Marketing Teams in delivering local led innovation projects and to manage the technical implementation of these projects.
- To ensure that all category and local innovation and activation projects meet NFE requirement with regard to Superiority, Safety by Design, Quality By Design, Nutrition, Risk Assessment and Forever Food Programmes.
- To be responsible for the provision and implementation of accurate and legal mandatory data for artworks for the Marketing Unit.
- To maintain a constant awareness of competitor activity, regularly review competitor products & propose routes for maintaining competitiveness in the market.
- To manage & coach a team of 2 associates, develop capabilities & talents.
- To be a member of Group R&D management team.
2. Candidate’s requirements
2.1 Background and Qualifications
- Food Science & Technology degree.
- At least 8-10 years experience within food/drink industry (R&D / Quality).
- Experience of food manufacturing (New Product Development, Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality…) with factories and copackers.
- Very good level in English (able to influence) and Spanish.
2.3 Technical & Knowledge Skills
- Technical expertise on writing food ingredient and final product specifications.
- Technical expertise on legal requirements for on pack information.
- Technical expertise on legal requirements for Ingredient & final products.
- Technical expertise on specification systems.
- R&D Systems & Processes.
- Product development best practices.
- Food raw material & process understanding.
- Nutrition-led product design
- Commercial & Financial awareness
2.4 Key competencies
- Strategic thinking.
- Cross-functional & cross-cultural Project Management.
- Excellence in execution.
- Ability to “self-start”.
- Visionary qualities to better anticipate long term changes.
- Duration: Open-ended contract
- Location: Spain (Pamplona)
- Mobility: 20% time travelling in Spain on sites (Valladolid)
- Wages: +50k€ / year, depending on experience
Please send us your application (resume+cover letter) by e-mail at email@example.com, (Ref. “RD Manager”)